Just couple of days back I wrote a post on IE9 beta release. I saw it buggy and was wondering if some of you has problem uninstalling this buggy piece from your PC. Let me tell you that - you can't simply go to Add/Remove program and uninstall it easily, like you have been doing it for other piece of software. Well, here is how to do it -
- Start -> Run -> appwiz.cpl
- Here you won't see any entry for IE9 in the main program list. Click on the 'View installed updates link' in the sidebar to see the installed updates.
- Scroll down till you see a section for Microsoft Windows and find "Windows Internet Explorer 9" in it.
- Right click on the entry and click on the 'Uninstall' button.
- After the update is removed you will be reverted to the last installed version of Internet Explorer on your PC.
This above steps are what I tested in Windows 7 .
Enjoy your earlier favorite(!) version of IE browser!!